Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Mystery in the Making

I'm really pleased with how my latest project is turning out. The only problem is... I have NO IDEA what it's going to end up being. 


I've thought maybe a purse, a pillow, a backpack, but I don't know... It started with the center applique. I purchased a really cool set from BunnyCup Designs and wanted to try it out, so I dug through my scrap basket, picked out a few small pieces and stuck them on a piece of old denim.

Well, hello! For several weeks I had a square of black denim with a peace symbol applique sitting on my cutting table, mocking me. "I'm so pretty! Finish me," it seemed to be saying. Then today I was working with the rockin' zebra print and when I saw it next to my old peace square, I had a Eureka moment. So I did a little cutting and sewing and now I have a 13" x 7.5" rectangle that will probably haunt me for a bit longer. I have some black corduroy that will surely make it into the mix and a lovely solid red moire that's represented in the applique. Beyond that, it's a mystery. 

Do YOU have any thoughts on my mystery project? What would you do with it? And am I the only person who just starts sewing with no particular destination in mind? Please tell me I'm not the only one...

3 comments:

Robin@creations-anew.com said...

I love the creative process...can't wait to see what you come up with!
Robin
CreationsAnew

terryann said...

I do this all the time, sometimes things end up pined to my cork board for a few years! This looks like a tote bag to me... but most things do... I have hundreds of tote bags!

Amy said...

Well, TerryAnn, you can never have too many tote bags, right! Thanks for the input!