Thursday, April 17, 2008

Old Sorehead Trade Days




I can't tell you how much fun we had this past weekend at the Old Sorehead Trade Days in Stanton, Texas. Our next-booth-neighbors, Judy and Glenda of Juda's Creations based in Archer City, kept us laughing the entire weekend. (Thank you ladies. It was a rare pleasure.) I was tempted to spend my entire profit on their beautiful jewelry. I did spend a goodly portion on the scrumptious food at the fair. The deep-fried Twinkies intrigued me. Have any of you tried them? In the end I settled for homemade ice cream, which was delicious.

Our Raggedy Ann dolls, which sported dresses made of vintage fabrics, were a big hit. In fact we sold out. There was also a lot of interest in our coffee cozies. One nice lady opened up an entirely new marketing avenue for these handy items. She planned to use hers on her mixed drinks. And why not! They insulate from the cold just as well as the hot. She inspired me to try one on my Diet Coke bottle and it was great. No more cold hands while I'm enjoying the elixir of life! I had to ask myself, "Now why didn't I think of that?"

1 comment:

Cecilia Scott said...

I saw your precious prodcuts on the Old Sorehead Trade Days site and wanted to invite you to be part of our festival Frontier Junktique Jamboree Sept.26th 27th in Colorado City. Texas Highways called it an over-the-top creative event. My email is csmaincc@hotmail.
Cecilia Scott